What do you call it? Fear, anxiety, worry, concern?

Call it whatever you want, but. . . the bottom line is, it's fear.

David Hocking says:
"Fear is the expected result of not trusting the Lord. Whenever you have stopped trusting the Lord, you have opened up pandora's box of fear.
Fear will result in emotional traps.When you decide you're not going to trust the Lord, or maybe you just don't, you haven't decided to do that, it's just our natural tendency. The result of not trusting the Lord is you fall into emotional traps.


Why?
Read Psalm 23.
"The Lord is my shepherd;I shall not want.He makes me to lie down in green pastures;He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul;He leads me in the paths of righteousness. For His name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil;"
Stop there.

The fear of evil is a result of not trusting the Lord. Some of us are afraid of evil itself, no matter what form it takes and it's an emotional trap.
If the Lord is for us, who can be against us says Romans 8. We either believe that or we don't."

Comments

Popular Posts